CWCS Phase 5 (CW1) - School Year 2014-2015
Come Here First!
- Correspondence Digest for WSLS, ISES and CWCS
- CWCS Phase 5 - District Summary Report (06/11/2015)
- CWCS Phase 5 - CHANGES to Business Rules
- Important Dates
- Google+ CWCS Community, request to join through our Data Collections Help Desk
Open Date - Monday, February 16, 2015 and Close Date - July 2015
Authorized CWCS Users Login
You must be individually authorized to use the CWCS. Having a Wisconsin User ID (WAMS ID) is necessary but does not in itself provide access to the CWCS Web application. For security and privacy reasons, access must be specifically authorized by your District Administrator (Superintendent) on behalf of your school board or by the Superintendent's appointed WSLS/ISES Administrator.
For further information about gaining access, see the Delegated Authority Web Application.
Why is data accuracy in the Coursework Completion System (CWCS) so important to your district?
- Statewide course and student counts for World Language are used to promote funding for future programs.
- AP / IB courses offered and student counts are reported publicly (currently through WINSS and in future via WISEdash).
- SAGE uses K-3 grade level educator and student counts to promote and expand the funds available for future programs.
- The Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) file provided by DPI, for usage by public school districts for reporting is a collection of the data submitted through ISES, CWCS, and multiple other resources.
- Data submitted through C167 file is utilized for SIG school reporting.
Frequently Referenced Training Materials
- Code Tables for Course-Teacher & Student-Completion Data Files
- Interface Specifications (CSV & XML) Data File Formats
- Business Rules / Validation Messages
- File Format Checkers Course-Teacher (CSV & XML) (zip file)
- File Format Checkers Student-Completion (CSV & XML) (zip file)
- Advanced Placement / International Baccalaureate
- Alternative Education Programs
- 4K Early Childhood Programs
- Distance Education Programs
- Dual Enrollment Credit Programs
- Equivalency Credit
- Project Based Learning Programs
- Project Lead the Way Programs
- Special Education
- Virtual On-line Programs
- World Language Programs
Have a CWCS data collection question, comment, and/or suggestion?
Or call (800) 507-5744