Wisconsin uses an Individual Student Enrollment System (ISES) in order to meet the Report Card requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The System includes Wisconsin Student Numbers (WSNs) in lieu of student names, enrollment status including exit/withdrawal information and high school completion credentials, attendance, and demographic data as necessary to produce disaggregated summary reports. ESEA Annual Reports must also include data on the acquisition of English proficiency by students with limited English proficiency.
WSNs were initially assigned during the spring/summer of 2004 using the Wisconsin Student Number Locator System (WSLS). ISES Phase 1 was implemented in March 2005. The Coursework Completion System began collecting course, teacher, and student data in 2011.
- Guiding Principles
- Training & Support: WSLS | ISES | CWCS
- Correspondence (including mass emails)
- Phone and Web-based Conferences:WSLS/ISES | CWCS
- Important Dates
- Preparing Your School District: WSLS/ISES | CWCS
- Interface Specifications: WSLS | ISES | CWCS
- Data Elements:WSLS / ISES / CWCS
- Using WINSS to Meet Report Card Requirements
- ESEA Information Updates: 02.10 | 03.08
- Requests for Proposal/Service: WSLS | ISES (MS Word)
Submit questions, comments and suggestions about the WSLS or ISES to the 24x7 DPI Online Helpdesk Application or call 800-507-5744.