|DATE:||September 10, 2007 (Email)|
WSLS/ISES Assistant Administrators
|FROM:||WSLS/ISES Help Desk|
|SUBJECT:||ISES OCTOBER 1, 2007 CHILD COUNT|
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL DISTRICT STAFF WORKING IN WSLS or ISES
State statute requires the count date for enrollment data to be the third Friday in September. However, to meet requirements of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) annual report required by section 618 of the Act and 34 CFR 300.640, the State must count and report the number of children with disabilities receiving special education and related services on a date between October 1 and December 1. Wisconsin has chosen October 1 as its count date.
For the 2007-08 school year, districts will submit changes which occurred after 9/21/2007 and on or before 10/1/2007 for those students with disabilities who have moved into or left the district, those students whose disability status has changed, and those students whose Educational Environment Classification changed because the student turned 6.
If the child count of students with disabilities has changed due to these reasons, the LEA will submit the following changes to DPI:
- Students in your LEA identified on the third Friday of September as nondisabled (Primary Disability = 'N'), who are identified with a disability and receiving special education and related services on October 1. (Count Date Records)
- Students in your LEA identified with a disability and receiving special education and related services on the third Friday of September who have returned to regular education (Primary Disability = 'N') by October 1. (Count Date Records)
- Students who have moved into your LEA between 9/22/07 and 10/1/07 who are identified with a disability and receiving special education and related services on October 1. (Count Date Records)
- Students with disabilities who have moved out of your LEA between 9/22/07 and 10/1/07. (Year End Records)
- Students for whom the Educational Environment Classification has changed from a preschool age 3 to 5 category to a school age 6 to 21 category because the student turned 6 between 9/2//07 and 10/1/07. (Count Date Records)
This file will be accepted in the Comma Separated Value (CSV) format only and will be submitted to DPI via a secure file upload function separate from the ISES. The file structure will be identical to the ISES Count Date / Year End file upload structure. See Appendix B.2 of the ISES Count Date / Year End CSV Interface specifications, http://dpi.wi.gov/files/lbstat/doc/isescsv_4.doc. Only a subset of data elements will be required for these identified students.
Provide the complete file header including but not limited to:
- Record Type (YE or CD)
- Year (YE = 2007, CD = 2008)
Provide values to identify the student:
- Enroll Date (on or before 10/01/2007)
- Exit Date (on or after 9/22/2007 and on or before 10/01/2007) CORRECTED 9/20/07
Provide values as of 10/01/2007:
- Primary Disability
- Secondary Disabilities
- English Language Proficiency Code
- Grade Level Placement
- Count Date Status (CD Records only)
- Educational Environment Classification (CD records only)
- Parentally Placed Private
- Third Party Provider
- District of Residence
- Exit Type (YE records only; HSC and ETC will not be accepted)
If District of Residence is different than submitting district, then provide:
- School in District of Residence
- Reason Out of District
If Exit Type is 'Transfer to a WI school not covered by WSLS. Known to be continuing' (TNC) then provide:
- Return to Regular Education
All identified student records, Count Date and Year End, must be sent in a single file. If the October 1 File Upload process is repeated, then all existing October 1 data will be replaced.
The October 1 File Upload process will allow all valid Count Date and Year End data elements to be submitted but will store only those data elements listed above. Only the subset of students identified with changes should be submitted.
|cc:||DPI list of vendors with active district technology contracts|
|State Superintendent's Education Data Advisory Committee|
|CESA School Improvement Services Directors|
|Directors of Special Education / Pupil Services|
Submit questions, comments, and suggestions about the WSLS or ISES to email@example.com or call 1-800-507-5744.
Submit questions regarding the ESEA Report Card Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help with this page contact the DPI Helpdesk Expert