ISES data are used for public reporting and accountability purposes as required by state and federal law, and ISES Progress and Summary Reports were designed with these requirements in mind.
Districts are expected to preview draft versions of these reports prior to locking and submitting their data. If data are inaccurate or incomplete, then districts can edit their data on-line and/or upload a new file. Locking initiates the validation process. If locking is successful, then the data submitted as of the locking date will be considered final.
- It is not possible to detect all incorrect data during the validation process so you must still manually review your data. ISES Progress and Summary Reports are provided for this and other purposes.
- ISES Progress and Summary Reports are based on data submitted as of the date of the most recent school/district validation. Because data subsequently submitted by other districts may impact these reports, they are not final until data are locked and submitted by all districts statewide.
Before Your District/School Begins
- Have Individual Student Records for your school or district been validated since the most recent data were submitted? If not, then see the Validate/Edit Checklist. Validation is important so that ISES Progress and Summary Reports can be based on the most current data available and so that the Lock and Submit process will be successful.
Progress and Summary Reports - Preview ChecklistNote: Public reporting is based on the "Show: All Students Accountable" option (upper right).
- Preview the '3rd Fri Sept Enrollment' Report. You should reconcile the school and district Third Friday of September Enrollment Counts calculated from the ISES with your local records or SIS. (Main Menu - Report Menu - 3rd Fri Sept Enrollment) [More*]
- Preview the Child Count Report. You should reconcile the school and district IDEA Eligible October 1 Counts calculated from the ISES with your local records or SIS. (Main Menu - Report Menu - Child Count Enrollment for Students with Disabilities) [More*]
- Preview the Exit Type Report. You should reconcile the Exit Type and Credential Type data calculated from the ISES with your local records or SIS. (Main Menu - Report Menu - Exit Type) [More*]
- Preview the Dropout Report. You should reconcile the number of dropouts calculated from the ISES with your local records or SIS. (Main Menu - Report Menu - Dropouts) [More*]
- Preview the Attendance Report. You should reconcile the total possible and actual days of the attendance with your local records or SIS. (Main Menu - Report Menu - Attendance) [More*]
- Preview the Retention Report. You should reconcile the Promotion and Retention counts with your local records or SIS. (Main Menu - Report Menu - Retention) [More*]
- Preview the other available Progress and Summary reports. As use of ISES data expands additional Progress and Summary reports will be added.
- Click on "Download Report" link near the bottom of each report page to download a CSV version of progress/summary reports (optional).
- Click on student counts in the topic section of each report page to view students included in these counts. This feature may be used to investigate unexpected or illogical data (optional). Note that based on local access policies you may be able to view some but not all types of data for your students.
- Click on "Download Student File" to download CSV version of student records included in counts (optional).
- Click on "Using ISES Reports" to better understand how the reports are organized and how they are intended to be used. Click on "Glossary" for more detailed information about column headings used in the reports.
- If data are incomplete or inaccurate, then correct the student data in the ISES and/or WSLS, rerun the validation process, and repeat steps 1-7. Refer to the Validate/Edit Checklist for more information.
- If data are complete and accurate, the proceed to Lock and Submit.
Lock and Submit Checklist
- Complete the District Certifications for Child Count, Third Friday of September Enrollment and Year End. (Main Menu - District Certification)
- To Lock an individual school (district or school All Functions role) and Submit student data to the district, click the 'Lock' icon found on the Student Record List. (Main Menu - Student Record List or Main Menu - Summary of Schools - Student Record List [More*])
- To Lock an entire district (district All Functions role) and Submit student data to the DPI, click the 'Lock' icon found on the Summary of Schools. (Main Menu - Summary of Schools [More*])
- Check Lock and Submit Process Status (optional). Note that a 'Lock and Submit' entry does not appear until the process is complete. (Main Menu - Process Status [More*]
- If the Lock and Submit fails, errors or unacknowledged warnings were found. Refer to the Validate/Edit Checklist for next steps. If the Lock and Submit completes successfully, student data will be locked and modification will not be allowed.
- If Lock and Submit succeeds, but data are later found to be incomplete or inaccurate, and if district data are not locked, a district All Functions user may click on the 'Unlock' icon for the appropriate school so new data may be submitted. During the collection period, the DPI may unlock a district upon request. (Main Menu - Summary of Schools [More*])
* All links to "More" go to chapters in the ISES User Manual. Click on the links to download these chapters in MS Word format.